Talking Points Memo
This Modern World
Working for Change
Book review: Darwinia
Reviewed: Friday, August 11, 2006
Summer reading: Spin
Reviewed: Saturday, August 5, 2006
Reviewed: Tuesday, July 18, 2006
the Omnivoire's Delimma
Reviewed: Wednesday, July 12, 2006
the Golem's Eye
Reviewed: Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Still more IT Conversations
Thursday, August 4, 2005
I've been catching up on old Pod Casts (I've been casting up on my old Pod Catches?).
- Scott Mace talks about Eclipse with the Eclipse foundation's executive director Mike Milinkovich. It's big, it's active, it's cool. I wish Common Lisp had a tenth of this energy. I know that CLimacs is doing some neat things but it seems a shame that all this energy is being spent on Java. Sigh. Think of the humanity.
- Moira Gunn talks with Patrick Lincoln about bioinformatics: moderately informative and interesting.
- Larry Magrid talks about Internet Child Safety. He paints the positive picture that this will improve critical thinking skills. SInce this didn't happen with TV, or radio, or whatever I don't see how it's supposed to happen now.
- George Dyson gives a funny and fascinating talk at ETech 2005 about the birth of the modern digital computer during World War II and at the Institute for Advanced Study.
- Scott Mace talks with Peter Yared about web services and stuff. This sounded like a lot of oversimplification and marketing to me.
IT Conversations is a damn great service!